Social marketing has been getting a lot of buzz lately in the internet marketing industry.
This is easy to understand since social media sites combined get more traffic per month than Google.
However, this increased attention to social sites has resulted in many coaching programs being released from so-called internet marketing gurus that promise to reveal the secrets to how you can get massive amounts of traffic and make tons of money from social marketing strategies.
The problem with this is:
- these programs are often very expensive
- who do you trust?
- are they actually teaching methods that work?
These are all very relevant concerns. Especially when you consider that these so-called experts may be just jumping on the social marketing bandwagon and looking to make some money while the topic is hot.
Who should you listen to?
When it comes to social marketing, one person that you can trust is Jack Humphrey.
Jack and his team were offering social marketing training back in 2006, before anyone really knew anything about this method of driving tons of highly targeted traffic to a website.
A free guide to web 2.0 marketing that Jack originally published in 2007 set the standard for professional and organized marketing with social media.
This free ebook, recently updated for 2008, has been downloaded over 40,000 times and was named the best free ebook for bloggers by Mashable.com, the largest online community for social marketing and media with well over 5 million visitors per month.
When Rich Schefren wrote The Attention Age Doctrine Part 2, he went to Jack for advice on how to use social media.
Rich would call Jack a Social Marketing Maven.
Mike Filsaime hired Jack as a social marketing consultant earlier this year and he stated quite frankly that he thinks what Jack can teach him is so powerful and so explosive that he is going to spend $36,000 over the next year to have Jack teach him everything he knows about social marketing.
Fortunately, you don’t have to pay big money to learn from this social media maven.
You can get hold of his latest guide to social marketing for free.
What you can expect:
- 67 pages of quality content
- Easy to read and reference format
- Loaded with resources and strategies
What you will learn:
- Responsible social marketing tactics that skyrocket your search engine rankings
- How to drive massive, direct traffic from authority links
What you will Not find:
- A “plug in and play” system
- A short-term plan using questionable methods and spamming that do not support long-term online presence and growth
Jack writes in a very honest , up-front, and slightly-in-your-face style.
As he says, “What have I got to lose by telling a few uncomfortable truths? I’m giving the thing away, right?”
Here’s an example of an uncomfortable truth that you need to know when it comes to social media:
All the traffic that people talk about from sites like Digg is all but worthless. Despite what the so-called experts are saying, you need to know how to go far beyond simply getting traffic from the social sites themselves in order to bet achieve quality, measurable results from social marketing.
The approach that Jack Humphrey takes is different because he tells you how to get the kind of traffic and links that work to drastically increase your conversions and get higher search engine rankings on more keyword terms than you ever thought possible.
You will also learn:
- video marketing (Google loves video links!) – how to create and syndicate video to the top video sharing sites
- what linkbait really is, how to write it, and how to use it to create a massive buzz and generate hundreds of backlinks in the process
- a free tool that with the click of a button will instantly bookmark any page on the web in all the social bookmarking sites
- step by step details on how to execute the strategies, including all the technical information, that the author, Jack Humphrey, uses himself everyday
- the right way to use RSS subscriptions to skyrocket your exposure (most webmasters and marketers are doing RSS the wrong way)
The bottom line is that social marketing is bigger, badder, and far more effective than any other marketing tactic, including paid advertising, for driving huge amounts of targeted traffic.